General gaming news and discussion

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Time_Traveller

Re: General gaming news and discussion

Post by Time_Traveller »

'This F**king Sucks' — Rockstar Devs Bemoan GTA 6 Trailer Leak
DEC 5, 2023 1:47 PM

Following the leak of the Grand Theft Auto 6 trailer, Rockstar developers took to social media to express their bitter disappointment.

Less than 24 hours before its anticipated debut, the GTA 6 trailer leaked on X/Twitter and immediately spread like wildfire across social media. The leaked trailer contained a giant crypto watermark, making for a poor viewing experience for fans.

While the X/Twitter leak account was suspended, the post had thousands of likes before the trailer was pulled, which means plenty of fans saw it before Rockstar intended.

Rockstar soon followed-up by releasing the real trailer to its channels with a self-deprecating comment: "Our trailer has leaked so please watch the real thing on YouTube."
https://www.ign.com/articles/this-fking ... BMElah9D38

Following the leak of the Grand Theft Auto 6 trailer last night, Rockstar developers took to social media to express their bitter disappointment.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

Powers

Post by Powers »

funkervogt wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:28 pm
Someone else feels the contrast between some models/textures? Like they don't mix together well.
raklian

Post by raklian »

Set on a procedurally generated planet the size of the Earth. This will be interesting to watch.

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

E3: Once world's biggest gaming show permanently axed

1 hour ago

The E3 gaming show, once the biggest event in the gaming calendar, has been permanently cancelled.

In a statement, the organisers said: "After more than two decades of E3, each one bigger than the last, the time has come to say goodbye."

It added: "Thanks for the memories. GGWP [good game well played]".

The 2023 expo had already been called off after analysts said it had "struggled to remain relevant".

Industry body Entertainment Software Association (ESA), which ran E3, confirmed to the BBC that the event will not go ahead in the future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67695639
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yessssssss!

Tadasuke

advancing AI in video games

Post by Tadasuke »

Light No Fire looks much nicer to me than the Robocop game, because the latter looks definitely too realistic for my tastes. I would rather take a walk, than play it. Good thing we have a choice in what games we buy and play.

I've been interested in faster computer hardware for many years, but at the same time, I don't like realism, so I'm totally unexcited and uninterested for all the "realistic" games coming out. Even the word 'realistic' or 'realism' has negative connotations in my mind.

Here's a current Broken Silicon podcast episode about introducing more advanced AI to video games, as well as hardware needed for that AI:

I dunno why some people think that more advanced AI = more difficult enemies and that's it. It's an extreme oversimplification of what AI means.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: advancing AI in video games

Post by wjfox »

Tadasuke wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:49 am Light No Fire looks much nicer to me than the Robocop game, because the latter looks definitely too realistic for my tastes. I would rather take a walk, than play it.

I've been interested in faster computer hardware for many years, but at the same time, I don't like realism, so I'm totally unexcited and uninterested for all the "realistic" games coming out. Even the word 'realistic' or 'realism' has negative connotations in my mind.
I'm the complete opposite. I love realism, and feeling truly immersed in a simulated environment. Gaming graphics will match reality in the near future and it's thrilling to imagine the possibilities that will bring.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

My year in gaming –

https://s.team/y23/hcjbndc?l=english

RE4 was definitely my favourite. Looking forward to 2024!