Missing forumers

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
joe00uk

Re: Missing forumers

Post by joe00uk »

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:28 pm As We Rise went full and openly fascist over the course of about a year, yes.
He's probably had at least two different conversions to other extremist ideologies since then lmao.
Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:28 pmStarspawn0 was harassed by a troll who accused him of pedophilia because of a video he posted. Simply enough, the setting of a video (which appeared to be similar to the hallway to a public restroom or something similar) was used by the troll to say he was trying to expose himself to teenage boys who browsed the forum. I don't even want to think about all the ways that doesn't make sense.
Ah okay, thanks for the explanation. Yeah, that behaviour seems somewhat similar to another troll near the end of the old forum who thankfully was much easier to deal with.
SerethiaFalcon

Post by SerethiaFalcon »

I just changed my name, as my email has changed too. Formerly Omosoap, now SerethiaFalcon. Enjoying reading what everyone posts, but not planning to be very active on the forums (besides reading).
Lurking

Post by Lurking »

SerethiaFalcon wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:01 am not planning to be very active on the forums (besides reading).
Same.
Internet used to be an escape from the real world.
Now the real world is an escape from internet.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:28 pm
Starspawn0 was harassed by a troll who accused him of pedophilia because of a video he posted. Simply enough, the setting of a video (which appeared to be similar to the hallway to a public restroom or something similar) was used by the troll to say he was trying to expose himself to teenage boys who browsed the forum. I don't even want to think about all the ways that doesn't make sense.

This was more a failure of the moderators, as we didn't immediately remove the troll or his posts despite them constantly being reported (even by other users), so he left. After all, for someone of his standing, even accusations like this can have ruinous effects. So he said he was leaving for at least a year, if not longer.

I remember I was really busy at the time, and didn't have time to go through and read the whole thread, moderate the posts, ban the user etc.

At the same time, there was a breakdown in communication between forum staff, so that thread just sort of got left there, unmoderated.

This was (wrongly) interpreted by Starspawn0 as us "siding" with the troll. So, we lost a great member – and it doesn't seem he'll return.

We won't be making that mistake again.
A vote for Trump, a third party candidate, or no vote at all, is a vote for a dystopian future.
erowind

Post by erowind »

As We Rise was a girl btw
She's since disappeared from the internet as far as I can tell. I had talked to her on a few other platforms but she's gone from all of them now.

Outlook is lurking occasionally don't know much more than that.

My life has gotten very busy myself. I wish more new people would show up too. Reddit has killed much of the internet tbh. Other social media monopolies too, but futuretimeline's demographic specifically has been stolen by reddit. We're in the middle of an internet dark age right now. Hopefully that changes over the next few decades.

Also, Yuli! Thankyou for all the posts the past weeks! I've been reading your feed and if nothing else your posts are active and appreciated. As is the work from all staff keeping the forum up despite the change in software.