Personal chat thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Time_Traveller

Re: Personal chat thread

Post by Time_Traveller »

Last Saturday, I mentioned to my friend that I see the world as What if and What could be, he said one of his other friends were like this.

Ever since the late 90s/early 00s, I have always seen the world around me as What if this happened or What if I did this instead etc but I have always in my opinion have done this. I know it maybe a pain for some people but I have just got used to me doing such a thing. Maybe, it originally started when I got into the TV show Sliders and read up more on Parallel Worlds etc and have always wanted to change my personal past to see what could have been?
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Powers

Post by Powers »

What could have been.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

al gore victory timeline (sad no exist) :cry:
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Powers wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:35 am What could have been.
Like for example, what if I didn't drop Music in year 9 and became a Musician or What if I created a business after I left school etc.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

firestar464 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:40 am al gore victory timeline (sad no exist) :cry:
That was a major fork in history. The world could have decarbonised a lot faster.

9/11 and the disastrous, trillion-dollar wars that followed might have been prevented.

And now, it seems we're about to enter yet another dark timeline – the re-election of Trump, and the enactment of Project 2025, which is going to make the U.S. into a christofascist dictatorship.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

wjfox wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:03 pm
firestar464 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:40 am al gore victory timeline (sad no exist) :cry:
That was a major fork in history. The world could have decarbonised a lot faster.

9/11 and the disastrous, trillion-dollar wars that followed might have been prevented.

And now, it seems we're about to enter yet another dark timeline – the re-election of Trump, and the enactment of Project 2025, which is going to make the U.S. into a christofascist dictatorship.
I just hope the American people just have enough strength to keep democracy alive within this dictatorship of a country and eventually overthrow him.

-H.G Wells.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

"progressive america, KEEP FAITH!"

time to use "keep faith" against trumpers in an ironic fashion
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Spotted this morning.

The jay is a regular visitor. But I only see parakeets a few times (if at all) each year. :)

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

My latest result from Thriva.

They provide about 30 different metrics. The one below is probably the most important.

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

I had a great birthday and visited my family in Suffolk/Norfolk.

Spotted this on the way back yesterday. :)