Cringe

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
firestar464

Re: Cringe

Post by firestar464 »

yep, a manchild
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Biden mistakes living European leader for dead one – for second time in a week

Thu 8 Feb 2024 14.51 GMT

Joe Biden has twice made gaffes this week in which he told anecdotes wrongly identifying dead European leaders as having talked to him about the events of the attack on the Capitol on 6 January 2021.

On Wednesday at a campaign fundraiser in New York, Biden reportedly referred to the former German chancellor Helmut Kohl as talking to him about European concerns about the attempt to stop the certification of his 2020 election win, when he apparently meant Angela Merkel. Kohl died in 2017.

Previously on Sunday, Biden in Nevada apparently confused François Mitterrand, the former French president who died in 1996, for France’s current president, Emmanuel Macron, while recounting a similar anecdote about the events of 6 January and European fears over them.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -questions
Powers

Post by Powers »

wjfox wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:56 pm Biden mistakes living European leader for dead one – for second time in a week

Thu 8 Feb 2024 14.51 GMT

Joe Biden has twice made gaffes this week in which he told anecdotes wrongly identifying dead European leaders as having talked to him about the events of the attack on the Capitol on 6 January 2021.

On Wednesday at a campaign fundraiser in New York, Biden reportedly referred to the former German chancellor Helmut Kohl as talking to him about European concerns about the attempt to stop the certification of his 2020 election win, when he apparently meant Angela Merkel. Kohl died in 2017.

Previously on Sunday, Biden in Nevada apparently confused François Mitterrand, the former French president who died in 1996, for France’s current president, Emmanuel Macron, while recounting a similar anecdote about the events of 6 January and European fears over them.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -questions
Image LOL Image
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

his commentary had nothing to do with navalny's death. ewwww
Powers

Post by Powers »

firestar464 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:27 pm his commentary had nothing to do with navalny's death. ewwww
He's comparing Putin takeover to the leftist deep state. I guess that would make a future meeting a little more awkward.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

Powers wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:18 am
I too have always found posting your own actual photos with edited in "anime girls" ("waifus") next to you, as cringy and oddball. Even though I like anime girls a lot, I would have never posted something like that, because it just feels weird mixing something very realistic with something totally unrealistic. It's probably better to separate both worlds, as they operate on very different rules.

Some people do it for teh lulz, for irony or just like that, because they don't care what you think about them in those terms. Some people like to boast their achievements (or sometimes even pretend achievements). I have personally never achieved a lot, so I don't boast on social media. In 2009 I posted (on social media) my multiple MMORPG achievements in the form of screenshots, which are there to this day and I'm still slightly proud of those.
wjfox wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:56 pm On Wednesday at a campaign fundraiser in New York, Biden reportedly referred to the former German chancellor Helmut Kohl as talking to him about European concerns about the attempt to stop the certification of his 2020 election win, when he apparently meant Angela Merkel. Kohl died in 2017.
195 countries with leaders changing and changing... No wonder people make mistakes! Too much to remember! AR contact lenses along with a small earpiece could be helpful to make less mistakes and have your personal AI assistant show or say what you forgot.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.