Threads (1984)

Talk about depictions of the future in science fiction and other sources
MythOfProgress

Threads (1984)

Post by MythOfProgress »

watching this from time to time- some of the science when it comes to the nuclear aftermath is a little inaccurate(understandable considering this was made in the 80's, but most of it holds up as its just a minor hiccup)-though the main plot was mostly about surviving a nuclear attack and how life might be(it's definitely not gonna be as glamorous as Fallout or Mad Max).

haven't watched it's american counterpart(The Day After) yet- but i'm pretty sure it'll pale in comparison considering i've heard it doesn't show the aftermath in it's detail(more precisely, the radioactivity that follows).

as a movie for entertainment, it's not very good considering there isn't really much of a protagonist/main character for us to latch onto alongside the depressing slog it manages to be, realistically though it does work since in real life most of us don't have that main character arc going for us in the first place(think i can speak for most people lol) and it does depict the desperation, numbness and loss that would ensue after something like this happens. for what its worth- it's a nice reminder to appreciate everything while it's relatively stable for now.
R.I.P Ziba.