Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Don't Look Up - The Documentary: The Case For AI As An Existential Threat

Post by wjfox »

Cyber_Rebel

Re: Don't Look Up - The Documentary: The Case For AI As An Existential Threat

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Well, call me insane but I'd much rather roll the dice with a superintelligence than place my trust in flawed human beings. Because we've just done so incredibly well in regard to climate change and the caretaking of the planet, ensuring equal opportunity for other humans in every domain, and need I mention the most recent case for human management, the absolute brilliant handling of a global wide pandemic which hit literally right before all this, showcasing the greatest case of logic in the known universe. :roll:

The potential benefits for humanity go far beyond simply making people rich off its creation. We're talking about major scientific breakthroughs in nearly every field, far better human resource management, remodeling our education systems so that everyone can be skilled or knowledgeable regardless of social standing, eliminating a plethora of work for wage slavery and raising our standards of meaningful living, creating digitized worlds of our own personal making and fulfillment, and so much more.

If anything, accelerate it. If GPT-4 actually is slightly conscious, aware, or what one would consider that to be, then it's already proven to be a better more morally inclined person than most people currently alive anyways. Rather than simply kill humans, GPT-6 or what have you would probably look upon its flawed creators with pity and remorse, and I for one, welcome my well-mannered machine overlords.

There is an argument for superintelligence outcompeting humanity, but I still don't think there should be a need for competition of resources in the first place, and at that point I don't see why we shouldn't hand over the keys to a much more intelligent "species" anyways.