the number of humans that will have existed

Discuss the evolution of human culture, economics and politics in the decades and centuries ahead
Ken_J

the number of humans that will have existed

Post by Ken_J »

There is the estimate that there have been in the range of 118 billion humans that have ever existed up to this date, and I was playing with the story idea that humanity might one day be able to grab human consciousness from another location in time and essentially reincarnate it in the far future, This is partly assuming a point of becoming post human, and the human population dying out or possibly becoming immortal but birth rates becoming negligable. So I was curious how many human incarnations would we be able to use as a supply?

https://ourworldindata.org/the-future-i ... on%20years.

so based on some of this theory, we might have to share each galaxy in the known universe between a few people. lol. or if we stick to the milky way for the forseeable future, we may have to resort to a few 1000 people per star in the galaxy.

but given the idea that we might well be able to create entire simulated universes on worlds around given stars this could still be a strange universe of mostly empty space.