Some thoughts on the future of humanity

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
weatheriscool

Some thoughts on the future of humanity

Post by weatheriscool »

I think we're heading towards either the Borg or ending up creating our child(a.i) that will kill us off long term within the next 1000 years if we're idiots. What I'd prefer is an enhanced humanity that uses at the most basic level gene therapy and brainchips that improves itself allowing for independence and free will.. The brainchip would allow for downloading of knowledge and the ability to recall all the information of our world. We could use gene therapy to wipe all disease, enhance life span and so much more.

But we'd be an improve form of humanity that is perfect that is able to be free and have free will. not a borg or dead. A.i needs to be controlled by humanity and become a part of our ability to process knowledge but never allowed to rule us. We need to focus on making the humanity that can advance to stage 3, 4 and 5 level civilizations.

At more advanced radical levels, Maybe we could merge as individuals with our own personal a.i that would play along with our genetic enhancements that would give us i.q's of 100,000 points but would allow for free will. We could probably fuse biology and nanobots to create each new human to be this way. The human + a.i would be the new human. A creature that doesn't die off or is ruled over, but is at the top of the food chain. A being that can live thousands if not millions of years constantly repaired by nanobots and with the best of the biological roam can create.

This being could have its own children as the concept of male and female could easily be done away with. But of course relationships could also be possible being that the future humans would be free and able to do so.

We could create the ability to control thousands of bots to build space ships and structures that could move us through space and with the knowledge to create warp bubbles that could get us from one star system to the next.

I believe the difference will occur in the next 50-80 years. IF we choose to fuse ourselves with a.i + enhance ourselves then we will live on into the far future. But if we don't then we're probably fucked and will be replaced. If we're borg = we fucked ourselves, if we're create a child a.i that isn't us = we've fucked ourselves, etc. We can only have a good future if we're free and have free will but we can also be great and blow any mind can imagine today.

If free will and personal choice isn't apart of our future then we probably should just create the a.i and then kill ourselves off. Adam 5,000 years from now should be thinking about how nice it would be to build a sphere around that star and johnny should be thinking about how he is going to out do him. ;)
Jakob

Re: Some thoughts on the future of humanity

Post by Jakob »

Why would we become the Borg? I'm not gonna merge with anyone. And AI has no particular motive to kill us, unless we for some reason create AI that is programmed to kill us (so let's not?).

Free will is a myth anyway.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

weatheriscool wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:40 am I think we're heading towards either the Borg or ending up creating our child(a.i) that will kill us off long term within the next 1000 years if we're idiots. What I'd prefer is an enhanced humanity that uses at the most basic level gene therapy and brainchips that improves itself allowing for independence and free will.. The brainchip would allow for downloading of knowledge and the ability to recall all the information of our world. We could use gene therapy to wipe all disease, enhance life span and so much more.

But we'd be an improve form of humanity that is perfect that is able to be free and have free will. not a borg or dead. A.i needs to be controlled by humanity and become a part of our ability to process knowledge but never allowed to rule us. We need to focus on making the humanity that can advance to stage 3, 4 and 5 level civilizations.

At more advanced radical levels, Maybe we could merge as individuals with our own personal a.i that would play along with our genetic enhancements that would give us i.q's of 100,000 points but would allow for free will. We could probably fuse biology and nanobots to create each new human to be this way. The human + a.i would be the new human. A creature that doesn't die off or is ruled over, but is at the top of the food chain. A being that can live thousands if not millions of years constantly repaired by nanobots and with the best of the biological roam can create.

This being could have its own children as the concept of male and female could easily be done away with. But of course relationships could also be possible being that the future humans would be free and able to do so.

We could create the ability to control thousands of bots to build space ships and structures that could move us through space and with the knowledge to create warp bubbles that could get us from one star system to the next.

I believe the difference will occur in the next 50-80 years. IF we choose to fuse ourselves with a.i + enhance ourselves then we will live on into the far future. But if we don't then we're probably fucked and will be replaced. If we're borg = we fucked ourselves, if we're create a child a.i that isn't us = we've fucked ourselves, etc. We can only have a good future if we're free and have free will but we can also be great and blow any mind can imagine today.

If free will and personal choice isn't apart of our future then we probably should just create the a.i and then kill ourselves off. Adam 5,000 years from now should be thinking about how nice it would be to build a sphere around that star and johnny should be thinking about how he is going to out do him. ;)
Unfortunately AI will progress faster than we can develop the artificial brains needed to merge ourselves with it imo
citali_

Post by citali_ »

Oh darn

Where do I begin!? Should I?? Hm.

I want to believe it will progress, but it looks like we're heading straight to the ends of nothing. I alone can not change humanity. Wish I could though. *Woohoo. One for moi*