Xenobots

erowind

Xenobots

Post by erowind »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenobot

How did we miss the invention of xenobots?!? All the way back in 2020 the first xenobots where built with AI created blueprints!
Xenobots, named after the African clawed frog (Xenopus laevis),[are synthetic lifeforms that are designed by computers to perform some desired function and built by combining together different biological tissues. Whether xenobots are robots, organisms, or something else entirely remains a subject of debate among scientists.

Cyber_Rebel

Re: Xenobots

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

+1 Erowind. Xenobots and how they were created in the first place are probably one of the most futuristic things to happen this decade, and also shows the promise of what new breakthroughs AI will be able to produce. Here's an article, fairly recent, from the Scientific American, as well as a video going more in depth on the subject matter:

(Scientific American)
“Xenobots” are living, swimming self-powered robots that measure less than a millimeter across. They are evolved by artificial intelligence and built out of frog stem cells—and they could open new medical frontiers.

Will this technology lead into inroads like new forms of cybernetics? It's like they took the Synthesis choice from Mass Effect 3 and made it feasible.
Ken_J

Re: Xenobots

Post by Ken_J »

I think I may have mentioned them on Priss' birth date from Bladerunner. Biological robots after all. but I don't think they count a nanotech, biotech, and robotics maybe.