Ukraine War Watch Thread

wjfox
Site Admin

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by wjfox »

ibm9000 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:28 am
...distrust Western analysts as much as you distrust Russian propagandists?
I distrust the biased wording of your question.

Please, remind us how well the war in Vietnam was going for US everyday, day after day.

And here we are again, with the whataboutism.

What is your purpose on this forum? All you ever do here is come on this thread, denying the accuracy of Western media and military reports. Do you have even the slightest interest in science, technology, or futurology?

By the way, I expect you to answer these questions. Don't ignore or change the subject.
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

And here we are again...
You do realize I am answering a comment, correct?
The point was and still is to pull people out of their information bubbles and try to get them to consider looking at objective information on the events, as in all events.
...as someone said.
"Know" may be too strong a word
Is this what you call 'whataboutism'?
Do you have even the slightest interest...
Yes.
I just don't talk about that in this forum. Is it mandatory?

I will explain again...
The B-52 is not a dive bomber. I read that in a newspaper during the first Gulf War (the paper calling it a dive bomber). Wishful thinking, fake news and proud lack of knowledge/understanding shouldn't be around that much, but they are, a lot.
"The point was and still is to pull people out of their information bubbles..." I am trying to provide some sobering up, selfishly, because I get annoyed by all that wishful thinking.

(Futurology sounds a bit like tarot).
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Russia says Ukraine attacked Kremlin with drones in failed bid to kill Putin
Source: Reuters
The Kremlin said two drones had been used in the alleged attack on Putin's residence in the Kremlin citadel, but had been disabled by electronic defences.

It said Russia reserved the right to retaliate - a comment that suggested that Moscow might use the alleged incident to justify a further escalation in the 14-month-old war with Ukraine.

There was no immediate comment from Ukrainian authorities.

"Two unmanned aerial vehicles were aimed at the Kremlin. As a result of timely actions taken by the military and special services with the use of radar warfare systems, the devices were put out of action," the Kremlin said in a statement.

"We regard these actions as a planned terrorist act and an attempt on the president's life, carried out on the eve of Victory Day, the May 9 Parade, at which the presence of foreign guests is also planned ...
Read more: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... 023-05-03/
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

^Yawn.

Just another sad false flag attempt by Russia.
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

ibm9000 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:28 am
...distrust Western analysts as much as you distrust Russian propagandists?
I distrust the biased wording of your question.

Please, remind us how well the war in Vietnam was going for US everyday, day after day.
Interesting choice to go back fifty years (+ or -) to the Vietnam war. Why not 20 years (+ or -) to Iraq. then you could remind us about how Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction and how Iraq won the tank battles that were part of the invasion and thus repelled U.S. forces.

Oh wait, that is not what happened. U.S intelligence experts were more or less accurate in their assessment of relative strength of forces involved.

Vietnam was a failure in human intelligence. Trying to understand a foreign culture and the support and appeal Communism had for the natives. (Not to mention that Ho Chi Minh actually admired aspects of Western democracy). In the Ukraine we have all sorts of refuges as well as reporters on the ground to give us assessments. We also had the presence of Western reporters in Vietnam, so much so that a lot of activists concluded that that best course of action was to leave the country. That was because of the accuracy of many of the reports filed about that situation. It was the U.S and South Vietnamese governments that constantly underestimated the Communists, but that was the Communist appeal and control over South Vietnam citizens, not the number of armored vehicles, advanced aircraft, and missiles etc. that Vietnam had in its inventory. A big difference.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

U.S intelligence experts were more or less accurate...
+/- says a lot. The "Five O'clock Follies" too.

I'll try again: "how the war was going day after day", all official statements and estimates... and all kind of
military reports
Like in every war, always, but, everyone reading this knows that. The first thing in their minds is that you should take everything said not at its face value, because we all studied History and we all remember that about the first victim of war...

(I maybe wrong but someone could mention that your comment was a bit off topic).
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

ibm9000 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:08 pm
U.S intelligence experts were more or less accurate...
+/- says a lot. The "Five O'clock Follies" too.

I'll try again: "how the war was going day after day", all official statements and estimates... and all kind of
military reports
Like in every war, always, but, everyone reading this knows that. The first thing in their minds is that you should take everything said not at its face value, because we all studied History and we all remember that about the first victim of war...

(I maybe wrong but someone could mention that your comment was a bit off topic).

This is what your psychopathic leader is doing to innocent people in Ukraine –

ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

As I said... we all studied History.
Water

Post by Water »

Prigozhin: Wagner Group will leave Bakhmut, Russian defense officials to blame | DW News

Pretty big. Unlike Putin and his nuke rattling, this man has been pretty consistent with what he says. From threatening to leave Bakhmut without enough ammunition, to announcing his actual departure right now. Either Russia lacked the resources to support both Wagner and their own forces and had to prioritize their own, or they deliberately allowed Wagner to bleed out in order to prevent them from becoming big enough to form competition.

Whichever is the lesser of two evils (for Russia), infighting and losing Wagner is still a big hit in their military bowels.
I still think the microwave is the most sci fi invention so far.
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

^^^This shows that even when you stick to just Russian sources, including people like Prigozhin, the war is not going well for Russia.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill