Ukraine War Watch Thread

weatheriscool

Re: Ukraine War Watch Thread

Post by weatheriscool »

Ukraine Latest: US Is Poised to Send Patriot Defense Batteries
Source: Bloomberg
(Bloomberg) -- The US is poised to send Patriot air and missile defense batteries to Ukraine pending final approval from President Joe Biden, two US officials said.

European Union nations reached a preliminary agreement to clear the way for Ukraine to receive aid from the bloc valued at €18 billion ($19 billion) while Emmanuel Macron announced a commitment of 1 billion euros of donations from a delegation of some 70 governments and international bodies to help the country through the winter.

The funds will go toward fixing energy infrastructure, transport, health, water and food, the French president said after hosting an international donors’ conference in Paris.
Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/uk ... r-AA15d5Np
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

A Washington D.C. Party Invite Shows That There Is Money to be Made Off the Ukraine War
by Jonathan Guyer
December 16, 2022

Introduction:
(Vox) The invitation said the quiet part out loud.

The Ukrainian Embassy hosted a reception last week in honor of the 31st anniversary of the country’s armed services. Events like this are part of the social calendar of Washington’s smart set, with hobnobbing diplomats, think tankers, journalists, and US officials. Guests took photos with the Ukrainian ambassador. Even Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley showed up.

But there was something so overt it led some observers to laugh out loud at the gathering’s invitation.

The logos of military contractors Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Pratt & Whitney, and Lockheed Martin were emblazoned on the invitation as the event’s sponsors, below the official Ukrainian emblems and elegant blue script that said the Ukrainian ambassador and defense attaché “request the pleasure of your company.”

“It’s really bizarre to me that they would put that on an invitation,” one think tank expert told me. “The fact that they don’t feel sheepish about it, that’s interesting,” explained an academic. (Both spoke on the condition of anonymity and regularly attend embassy events in Washington.)
Read more here: https://www.vox.com/world/2022/12/16/2 ... ia-war-us
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
Vector

Post by Vector »

=================================================================
My YouTube channel: ARMED FORCES
Vector

Post by Vector »

➤ 00:00 The main news of the day is the next Russian strikes on the critical infrastructure of Ukraine, air defense control points and radio engineering troops. Characteristic differences of impact;
➤ 03:26 Would the Patriot air defense system be able to solve the tasks of anti-missile defense in case of such Russian strikes?
➤ 06:09 Despite the lack of parity between the belligerents, the Russian Federation is afraid of a repeat fire of combat-ready missile carriers, complicating logistics. It has become more difficult for the Russians to carry out terrorist strikes on the territory of Ukraine;
➤ 10:55 Heavy and intense fighting on the Bakhmut-Soledar line. Kremennaya - Svatovo - the flight of the Russian army in anticipation of a future big split;
➤ 12:33 Putin's visit to Belarus on December 19 is possible to prevent Lukashenka's contacts with the collective West;
➤ 14:40 Can Lukashenka be eliminated in order to involve his successor in the war with Ukraine? He suggested the agenda of the dictators' conversation and Lukashenka's arguments for refusing to enter the war;
➤ 22:53 Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Zaluzhny told the partners what Ukraine needs to win;
➤ 25:00 Putin's regime's capacity for a third offensive is limited. The collective West and Ukraine are preparing to stop the offensive;
➤ 33:00 Central African Republic: the attempt on the life of the head of the “Russian House” Syty was carried out with the help of a friendly package with an explosive?
➤ 39:42 The EU has introduced the 9th package of anti-Russian sanctions: continuation and aggravation of personal sanctions is inevitable;
➤ 43:02 Candidates of Russians from Mark for the introduction of personal sanctions.
Vector

Post by Vector »

ibm9000

Post by ibm9000 »

So...

Ukraine claims that it has destroyed circa 3.000 tanks... Russia invaded with around 1.200...
But, of course, we believe every claim from everybody...
Nero

Post by Nero »

You're a fool if you believe that Russia has not sent in more tanks and that the number they started with has any relevance when we have visual conformation of Russia losing over 1400 tanks.

https://www.grid.news/story/global/2022 ... that-many/
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

ibm9000 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:11 am So...

Ukraine claims that it has destroyed circa 3.000 tanks... Russia invaded with around 1.200...
Ok, I know that you don't actually believe in evidence or in citing your sources. So, asking you from where you got that 1,200 number would probably be an act of futility.

I suppose that only your claims should be believed at face value. :roll:

@Nero,

I think if A Certain Russian (aka Phoenix Ru) were still participating here he might be insisting that many of those Russian tanks that were "visually confirmed" as destroyed were actually Ukrainian. Probably a Russian government provided talking point. Still, the fog of war and all that...

At any rate, [sarcasm] from one of ibm900's favorite sources [/sarcasm], I am providing a link as to what Wikipedia calculates. Just scroll down past the small arms stuff: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ ... nd_Forces
Last edited by caltrek on Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
Vector

Post by Vector »

ibm9000 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:11 am Ukraine claims that it has destroyed circa 3.000 tanks...
Did you want to say that 1 tank per day on each 200 km of front line is to many ??? (300 day war and maximum distance of the front line is 2000 km)

In any cases 3000 tanks most likely overpriced, but not more than 30 percent.

By the way, I remembered a the Soviet military joke:

War. The regiment commander and the political officer are writing a submission for the award. Political officer:
- Comrade Colonel, I will write that you personally destroyed fifty enemies in battle.
- Write - a hundred, why spare these enemies.

Vector

Post by Vector »