Artificial wombs, cloning, IVF, and other reproductive technology

Vakanai

Re: Artificial wombs, cloning, IVF, and other reproductive technology

Post by Vakanai »

While clearly they aren't capable of it yet and officially would be opposed to it and even recently punished a doctor for just genetically editing babies, I believe that China will likely try and solve its population declining problem via cloning. I could be wrong about this, but it's a move I can see them taking sometime past 2040.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

And yet people doubt me when I say that these cock sucking republicans are a huge threat to progress in science and will be used to attack all progress? Wake up Elon, Wake up!
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Here is an actual article on the subject:

https://www.newswise.com/articles/bar-i ... -testicles
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

First atlas of the human ovary with cell-level resolution is a step toward artificial ovary
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2024-04- ... ution.html
by University of Michigan

A new "atlas" of the human ovary provides insights that could lead to treatments restoring ovarian hormone production and the ability to have biologically related children, according to University of Michigan engineers.

This deeper understanding of the ovary means researchers could potentially create artificial ovaries in the lab using tissues that were stored and frozen before exposure to toxic medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation.

Currently, surgeons can implant previously frozen ovarian tissue to temporarily restore hormone and egg production. However, this does not work for long because so few follicles—the structures that produce hormones and carry eggs—survive through reimplantation, the researchers say.

The new atlas reveals the factors that enable a follicle to mature, as most follicles wither away without releasing hormones or an egg. Using new tools that can identify what genes are being expressed at a single-cell level within a tissue, the team was able to home in on ovarian follicles that carry the immature precursors of eggs, known as oocytes.