Aging & Longevity News and Discussions

raklian

Re: Aging & Longevity News and Discussions

Post by raklian »

Will Turn Bio be the first longevity company to take cell rejuvenation to the clinic?

Author: LT Staff | Published on: October 25, 2023

Cell rejuvenation company Turn Biotechnologies has reported receiving positive feedback during an FDA INTERACT meeting to review the company’s therapeutic treatment to rejuvenate skin cells. The company, which is developing mRNA medicines for a range of age-related conditions, said that the meeting focused on its progress and plans for TRN-001, a treatment designed to repair damaged skin at the cellular level.

Turn Bio says its preclinical results demonstrate that TRN-001 improves skin integrity, reduces inflammation and cell senescence and achieves hair follicle transfection. If the therapy goes on to work in humans, the company claims it would be the first treatment to repair skin damage at a cellular level, restoring follicles’ ability to grow hair.

https://longevity.technology/news/will- ... he-clinic/
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
raklian

Post by raklian »

Gene therapy for the restoration of the retina

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
raklian

Post by raklian »

Happy Halloween! :D

raklian

Post by raklian »

Just wow. Wow. I wouldn't believe it if it wasn't for the fact it's Dr. Sinclair saying those things. :shock:

Lifespan News – David Sinclair on Age Reversal
Rejuvenation treatments appear to be moving to the clinic.

It’s already here. It’s just not available widely. It’s already here. Ladies and gentlemen.

https://www.lifespan.io/news/lifespan-n ... -reversal/
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

WHAT DID I JUST READ?!?!?!?
raklian

Post by raklian »

firestar464 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:04 am WHAT DID I JUST READ?!?!?!?
Oh, you took the words right out of my mouth. :lol:
Powers

Post by Powers »

Sounds clickbaity tbh.
raklian

Post by raklian »

Powers wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:13 am Sounds clickbaity tbh.
I wouldn't quite say it is clickbaity. A moderate amount of hyperbole on the part of the writer, perhaps. I didn't care about any of that. It was the things Dr. Sinclair said between the interjections by the writer that inspired me. Dr. Sinclair isn't known to make statements he cannot support. It was enough to encourage Peter H. Diamandis, who was talking to Dr. Sinclair in this Abundance 360 interview, to rouse the audience in the room into an applause.
Bird

Post by Bird »

Random thought/question I had:

At what point in time will the average lifespan (either globally or in at least one specific country) pass 100 years?
I'm just a bird who escapes his cage to post here sometimes.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Matt wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:55 am Random thought/question I had:

At what point in time will the average lifespan (either globally or in at least one specific country) pass 100 years?

Based on a rough extrapolation I just made -- 2150 or thereabouts, for most countries.

But life expectancy could become sort of meaningless if we reach LEV.
A vote for Trump, a third party candidate, or no vote at all, is a vote for a dystopian future.