AI & Robotics News and Discussions

wjfox
Site Admin

Re: AI & Robotics News and Discussions

Post by wjfox »

A vote for Trump, a third party candidate, or no vote at all, is a vote for a dystopian future.
raklian

Post by raklian »

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

LG's new AI assistant will roam your home on two wheels
By Ben Coxworth
December 27, 2023
https://newatlas.com/around-the-home/lg ... led-robot/
While AI assistants like Alexa can be helpful, they're typically stuck in stationary devices such as smart speakers. LG is out to change that, with a new AI that makes its way through users' homes in the form of a wheeled robot.

The device was announced this Wednesday (Dec. 27), and will be officially unveiled next month at CES in Las Vegas. For now, it's simply being referred to as "LG’s smart home AI agent."

Looking a bit like a tiny Segway wearing headphones, the bot self-balances on two motorized wheels as it autonomously rolls across floors and carpets. It perceives its environment via both optical and depth-sensing cameras.

Combined with Qualcomm's Robotics RB5 Platform, these cameras allow the bot to identify human faces, pets and various household objects. Utilizing other onboard sensors, it can also monitor environmental data such as temperature, humidity and indoor air quality. If any of these factors are outside of their desired levels, the agent can wirelessly adjust connected appliances like furnaces, air conditioners or humidifiers.
The robot's articulated leg joints are claimed to help it express emotions through movements
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Microsoft Releases Copilot App for Android
Microsoft's new app is the simplest way yet to access ChatGPT.
By Ryan Whitwam December 27, 2023

https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/micr ... or-android
You can't even blink without Microsoft rolling out yet another way to interact with its new AI tools. The Bing search engine is now built around conversational AI, Windows has an AI Copilot, and now even your Android phone can get in on the fun. Microsoft has quietly released an official Copilot app in the Google Play Store. It has access to the latest OpenAI models, and it's completely free.

This app is not the first to bring modern AI chat to your phone. OpenAI has a ChatGPT app, and Microsoft already offers similar features in the updated Bing app. However, the new app includes image generator features that aren't in OpenAI's chat app, and the Bing app has a lot of clutter like news, widgets, and browser sync. The Copilot app is just the latest OpenAI models, ready to respond to your queries.

You can type, speak, or upload images to interact with the AI in the new Copilot app. The basic chat works without logging in, but we found some features were not enabled for guests. Logging in offers the option to toggle on the GPT-4 model, which is OpenAI's latest. The app notes that replies may be slower with GPT-4, but the results should be better. All of the AI replies have buttons so you can rate the quality of the reply, and the copy button dumps the whole thing into your clipboard for use in other apps.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Researchers use AI chatbots against themselves to 'jailbreak' each other

https://techxplore.com/news/2023-12-ai- ... break.html

The arms race is gonna be insane.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

What a load of shit!
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

I'm wondering if they gonna pick apart MedPalm soon
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

A vote for Trump, a third party candidate, or no vote at all, is a vote for a dystopian future.
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

You thought 2023 was a big year for AI? Buckle up.
Adam Clark Estes
January 4, 2024

Introduction:
(Vox) Every new year brings with it a gaggle of writers, analysts, and gamblers trying to tell the future. When it comes to tech news, that used to amount to some bloggers guessing what the new iPhone would look like. But in 2024, the technology most people are talking about is not a gadget, but rather an alternate future, one that Silicon Valley insiders say is inevitable. This future is powered by artificial intelligence, and lots of people are predicting that it’s going to be inescapable in the months to come.

That AI will be ascendant is not the only big prediction experts are making for next year. I’ve spent the past couple of days reading every list of predictions I can get my hands on, including this very good one from my colleagues at Future Perfect. A few big things show up on most of them: social media’s continued fragmentation, Apple’s mixed-reality goggles, spaceships, and of course AI. What’s interesting to me is that AI also seems to link all these things together in much the same way that the rise of the internet basically connected all of the big predictions of 2004.

Let me be honest, though: I don’t really know what to think about what’s to come with AI. Maybe 2024 will be the year of artificial intelligence, but I also thought 2023 was supposed to be the year of AI. And despite hundreds of billions of dollars flowing into the industry, I still don’t feel like AI is changing my life. When ChatGPT had its breakout moment after OpenAI released it in late 2022, there was widespread agreement that 2023 would be the year generative AI hit the mainstream. And now apparently 2024 will be the year the technology gets really good and starts changing the way we do absolutely everything.
Read more here: https://www.vox.com/technology/2024/1/ ... lection
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »