firestar464

Re: OpenAI News & Discussions

Post by firestar464 »

ChatGPT can talk, but OpenAI employees sure can’t

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2024 ... pt-release
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

firestar464 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:19 am It is, however, going to gain insights into human behavior.
I suspect that's the reasoning behind it as well. I can't see any other reason why they need Reddit's data specifically when synthetic generated data would likely be superior in most instances. Another scenario is that since Reddit users regularly post articles or summarize news sites, it could be a legal way to bypass litigation like what happened with NYT.

May also be a good(?) social media site to try out autonomous posting from any future GPT agent. It's easier to simply choose relevant/interesting subreddits to better filter out the noise while gaining great ape behavioral insights.
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

“I Lost Trust”: Why the OpenAI Team in Charge of Safeguarding Humanity Imploded

Company insiders explain why safety-conscious employees are leaving:

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2024 ... telligence
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

ChatGPT to lose voice over Johansson similarity
20 May 2024, 14:37 BST

OpenAI says it will remove one of the voices used by ChatGPT after it was likened to Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson.

Users spotted the similarity in the chatbot's "Sky" voice option, which reads responses aloud to users, when OpenAI showcased features of its new model.

The flirty, conversational upgrade to its AI chatbot drew comparisons to the 2013 film Her, starring the actress.

OpenAI said the voices available in ChatGPT's voice mode were "carefully selected through an extensive process spanning five months involving professional voice actors, talent agencies, casting directors, and industry advisors".

Set in the near-future, Her sees Joaquin Phoenix fall in love with his phone's operating system, which is voiced by Ms Johansson.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c51188y6n6yo
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Regarding the misogyny concerns: I think 4o's voice sounded smart, though IG this might be subjective
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

https://x.com/haydenfield/status/1792748249272795348

Sam Altman denying everything ofc

Wow the comments are pretty spot on; glad to see people calling out the "sam can do no wrong" crowd.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

A landmark multi-year global partnership with News Corp™
We’re joining forces with News Corp to support the highest journalistic standards and enrich our products with its premium journalism.

(OpenAi)
Corp news content to OpenAI. Through this partnership, OpenAI has permission to display content from News Corp mastheads in response to user questions and to enhance its products, with the ultimate objective of providing people the ability to make informed choices based on reliable information and news sources.

OpenAI will receive access to current and archived content from News Corp’s major news and information publications, including The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Investor’s Business Daily, FN, and New York Post; The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun; The Australian, news.com.au, The Daily Telegraph, The Courier Mail, The Advertiser, and Herald Sun; and others. The partnership does not include access to content from any of News Corp’s other businesses.

In addition to providing content, News Corp will share journalistic expertise to help ensure the highest journalism standards are present across OpenAI’s offering.

“We believe an historic agreement will set new standards for veracity, for virtue and for value in the digital age,” said Robert Thomson, Chief Executive of News Corp. “We are delighted to have found principled partners in Sam Altman and his trusty, talented team who understand the commercial and social significance of journalists and journalism. This landmark accord is not an end, but the beginning of a beautiful friendship in which we are jointly committed to creating and delivering insight and integrity instantaneously.”

“Our partnership with News Corp is a proud moment for journalism and technology,” said Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI. “We greatly value News Corp’s history as a leader in reporting breaking news around the world, and are excited to enhance our users’ access to its high quality reporting. Together, we are setting the foundation for a future where AI deeply respects, enhances, and upholds the standards of world-class journalism.”
----------------------------------------------------------------

If I'm being honest, I can't really defend Open AI on this particular move, unless their end goal is to partner with News Corp and eventually have GPT automate them out of existence. The name "News Corp" is already cyberpunk as you can get, so why not eventually have a higher version of GPT run it. Couldn't possibly do any worse, right? I know Open AI wishes to have a so called "balanced" narrative or viewpoints with the model, but there's a difference between having an open conversation on many topics, and misinformation. Personally, I wish we could just leave any/all (so called left or right) news away from AI at least until AGI or ASI itself is achieved, and it can give its own opinion or perhaps a unique one.

Perhaps I'm being blinded by optimism for Open AI and can't give an impartial viewpoint myself, but I'd like to believe there's something else at play here, which may become logical in hindsight.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

They're including some unreliable sources there :oops: